Normally, a barometric pressure sensor is used to measure air pressure and temperature. This module can also measure altitude and story height. With the added combination of an IMU sensor, it also includes GPS navigation for three-dimensional (3D) indoor navigation.
The BMP280 barometer sensor is based on Bosch Piezo-resistive pressure sensor technology. It has high EMC robustness, high accuracy and long term stability. The relative accuracy is ±0.12 hPa, which is equivalent to ±1 m difference in altitude. The operating temperature range for long term stability is 0 ~65 ℃.
Note: Since the sensor is very sensitive, please DO NOT touch the chip.
- Enahnced GPS navigation (e.g. time-to-first-fix improvement, dead-reckoning, slope detection)
- Indoor navigation (floor detection, elevator detection)
- Outdoor navigation, leisure and sports applications
- Weather forecast
- Health care applications (e.g. spirometry)
- Vertical velocity indication (e.g. rise/sink speed)
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Operating Current: 2.7µA @ 1 Hz sampling frequency
- Pressure Measurement Range: 300 ~ 1100 hPa (equivalent to +9000…-500 m above/below sea level)
- Relative Accuracy: ±0.12 hPa, equiv. to ±1 m (@25℃)
- Temperature Measurement Range: 0 ~65 ℃
- Temperature Accuracy: 0.01℃
- Operating Temperature range: ：-40℃~+85℃
- Dimensions: 30 x 22mm/ 1.18 x 0.87”
- Interface: Gravity-I2C 4pin
- Weight: 12g