Sharp optical dust sensor has an internal infrared diode and a phototransistor diagonally arranged. The diode projects light and the phototransistor detects the dark spots caused by the fine particles passing through. In addition to this feature, depending on the pulse pattern outputted you can check whether or not is smoke or dust.
This is the sensor you will need if you want to measure air particles, build an air purifier system, or detect certain particles. Includes a special cable to connect with other aplications.
Detecting of dust in the air. Measure what’s going on in the atmosphere.
- Air purifier. Filter if high amount of particles are detected.
- Air conditioner system.
- Air monitor, publish enviromental air quality to the net and compare with your friends.
- Supply voltage: 5-7V
- Operating temperature: -10-65 Celsius degree
- Consumption current: 20mA max, 11mA typical
- Output of the sensor is an analog voltage proportional to the measured dust density, with a sensitivity of 0.5V/0.1mg/m3.